We left Gulf Coast RV Resort at 8:30 am (ET) after eating breakfast in their dining hall. We both had a bagel... a small thin bagel and I was still hungry and grabbed an apple danish. Frank took a bear claw to go, but did not eat it.
We bought gas in Winnie Texas at $2.96 a gallon.
We traveled I-10 again. For a while there were rice fields and crawfish farms... but that soon disappeared. At Houston there was road construction and traffic went down to one lane for a while.. so slow going there. It seemed like it took forever to get through the Houston area.
We stopped at a Flying J truck stop to stretch our legs and calm our nerves :-)) Then went on our way to our next stop.
We arrived at Columbus RV Park and Campground in Columbus Texas at noon (ET). It is a shaded campground with graveled roads and sites. It is a bit away from the road. It seems to be a nice park for the price of $22.50 with Good Sam's discount.
We had sandwiches for lunch today.
I called Mama today and we talked for over an hour. It was nice to talk to her and to tell her that I love her.
It is a little windy still... so it will be another night of my hair will almost dry by the time I get from the bath house to the trailer. I'm going to take a short walk before taking my shower.
Frank called Big Ben and could not get reservations until the 25th... so we will do some wandering around and look at the countryside this week.
We traveled 153 miles today.


No comments:
Post a Comment