24 April, 2010

Saturday 24 April 2010

The sun did peek out, but the wind intesified. I only got one bird picture; the Curve-Billed Thrasher.

We left Florey Park at 8:52 am (ET) with the wind still blowing hard from the west and it was 49°.

We stopped in Odessa at WalMarts to restock water and snacks. We drink a lot of water in this arid climate.

The scene was more oil pumps, small trees and brush today. After a while small sand dunes appeared amongst the oil pumps. As we neared Ft. Stockton mountains appeared in the distance.

We bought gas at $3.06 in Ft. Stockton, Texas. We arrived at Ft. Stockton RV Park at 12:45 pm (ET).

We did not unhitch the trailer and Frank isn't putting up the satellite dish for one night. So no tv and the dvd player doesn't seem to be working. We have things to read.

I called Mama this evening. She and Zane had been to the family reunion in Rebecca. Everyone is like us... getting older :-))

It is still windy. We were told the wind will die down tonight.

I did get picture uploaded and this will update the blog... so I'm caught up and ready for Big Bend :-))

We traveled 122 windy miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment