We left Maxie's Campground at 8 am (ET).
We traveled down LA 90 to LA 14 and then to 101 up to I-10. We saw rice fields along the way. Some were filled with water and crawfish were being raised.
We stopped at the Texas Welcome Center. We got some brochures and a map and went for a walk on a boardwalk along the Blue Elbow Swamp. I wish I had taken my camera and long lens on that walk, but I didn't even know there was a swamp walk there. We saw red-eared sliders (turtles), two broad banded snakes and a prothonotary warbler. It was too far to walk back to the truck and get the cameras.... our legs were too sore from the 100 miles we walked yesterday.
We arrived at Gulf Coast RV Resort, Beaumont, Texas, at 1:00 pm (ET). It is the typical resort... cement drive-thru sites with full hookups and no shade. We are in site #14. The cost for the site is $17.50 with Passport America... that is half price. A continental breakfast is included in our stay.
Frank worked on where we will stay tomorrow while I heated up some dinner. We had meat loaf, green beans with potatoes, the rest of the boudin and whole wheat bread from the bakery at WalMart.
Frank finished plans while I washed the dishes and got some tea steeping for ice tea. Then my time for the computer. I've edited pictures and am in the process of uploading them... seems to take forever. I downloaded th Picasa editing program so I can upload more pictures at once.
When I get the pictures finished I will upload to the blog and then I will take a walk and then shower. It is very windy here so my hair will be dry by the time I get back to the trailer from the bath house.
Well... my hair was almost dry by time we got back to the trailer. Frank is talking to his folks and I've finally finished the pictures and have upload the blog entries except this one.
Time to rest... we have cable tv :-))
We traveled 181 miles today.


No comments:
Post a Comment