We started the day off with rain. We got wet hooking the trailer up. We left Escatawpa Hollow Campground at 8:15 am (ET). The rain lasted a couple of hours.
We traveled a ways on highway 90, but decided to get back on I 10. There were just too many red lights and traffic... and besides the GPS just insisted we get back on I 10 :-)) We stopped at a WalMart at Ocean Springs Mississippi to stretch our legs around 10 am (ET).
Our arrival time was around 11:45 am (ET) at Bay Hide Away Campground at Bay ST. Louis Mississippi. It has graveled roads and graveled sites. We had to put one board height under the wheels of the trailer to level. We are in site 10. Full hookups for $32.10 a night.
We had a lunch of barbecue. Then we went rode around a while. We drove along the beach area. It is sad to see so many empty lots were houses once stood. In some lots the support beams still stand of the houses. There are many post standing in the water where piers used to be fished from. There are new homes and houses that have been restored, but still the destruction of hurricane Katrina is still visible.
On our way back to the trailer we stopped at WalMart for gas. It was $2.82 a gallon with the 3¢
discount.
This afternoon we watched the rest of an old movie that we began to fall asleep watching last night. We were able to get a few channels on the tv. The picture and sound goes in and out though and makes it hard to enjoy. For one night Frank isn't going to set the satellite dish up.
It took us a while to get an internet connection here, but it finally happened and I got a few blog entries and pictures uploaded.
We got a message from Sonja which is always great and I caught up some with my friend Didi.
I took a shower at the bathhouse here, which is a very nice bathhouse. I ran and ran the water before getting in the shower and the water temperature barely made it up to my body temperature. I felt like I was at girl's camp where there was no hot water. Frank said his shower experience was on the cold side too to begin with and he finally had to turn the knob towards cool.
Time to get this uploaded and relax.... Well lost the internet connection :-((
We watched Bones and Fringe and went to bed.
We traveled 123 miles today.


No comments:
Post a Comment