12 April, 2010

Friday 09 April 2010

We had Shredded Wheat for breakfast :-))

We left Bay Hide Away Campground at around 8:50 (ET) this morning.

As usual interstate travel was boring. There were what looked to be rambling roses growing amongst the pine trees. They were pretty climbing the shrubs and pines.

We traveled I-10 then I-12 where we stopped at a rest stop and got a Louisiana map. Then back to I-10. I-10 W was closed at Baton Rouge and our GPS and the I-10 detour signs got us back where we got off of I-10. We did make our way back to 190 again.. the I-10 alternate. With all the interstate traffic detoured onto 190 the traffic jams in the small towns we came to were bad. The traffic was stopped for a couple of miles at the one or two traffic lights each little town had. There were some pretty pastures along the route with cows and horses grazing amongst yellow low-growing wildflowers. Unfortunately no way to pull over for pictures. Finally we made it to our exit at (future I-49) / 90.

We stopped at Opelousas Louisiana sometime close to 1:30 pm (ET). We found a strip shopping center to park in. We walked over to Burger King and had a Whopper meal. Frank was getting shaky, we probably should have stopped sooner to eat something.

It was entertaining listening to the local's accents. I thought perhaps I was listening to Justin Wilson, renown Cajun cook.

We arrived at Maxie's Campground, Broussard Louisiana at 2:45 (ET). The campground is right next to the interstate. The roads and sites are graveled and close to together. We are in site 14. $11 a night is our cost with Passport America. We have tv with the antenna :-))

Wifi internet is costly here and I will not pay their high price. I'm a tightwad like Jack Benny :-)) Maybe we will find free wifi at a eatery somewhere.

We took a short stroll not long after we arrived and then later in the evening took a long walk... probably over a mile.

The roads were not great today so we feel like we have been beat up. I asked Frank if we road that mechanical bull on slow or high setting and he said it might have been a real bull instead.

Showers were taken in the trailer... there is only one shower on each side of the bath house. My shower was warm :-))

We traveled 213 miles today.

No comments:

Post a Comment