16 May, 2010

Thursday 13 May 2010

We left this morning at 9:00 am (ET).. Our eyes brightened as we neared Castroville.... lots of green! Crops of corn and wheat were growing in the fields. How beautiful. Don't get me wrong. The desert was beautiful, but it was time to civilization again.

We arrived at Castroville Regional Park in Castroville Texas at noon. We finally have a shady spot in site #3.

Frank has found someone that can out talk him... the host, Joshua Shrunk :-))

The bath house here is not great either... so showers in the trailer.

Frank attempted to put the satellite dish up, but could not find the magic spot through the trees. So antenna tv that goes and comes as it pleases.... ahh... for the days of analog.

We took a short walk after lunch. We saw a woodpecker and a yellow bird that I couldn't see well enough to know what it was. There were a lot of grackles. We saw many varieties of butterflies and a few dragonflies. No wonder my friend, Didi, likes this place!

I played a little on FB. Then later in the evening I walked around the road here. I haven't figured out the trails yet, but hope to explore them.


We traveled 154 miles today

No comments:

Post a Comment