17 May, 2010

Sunday 16 May 2010

I think I got up around 7:30 and Frank got up maybe 45 minutes later... I didn't pay that much attention to the clock.

We are terrible eaters and ate sandwiches for breakfast... I added a couple of cookies in with my breakfast.... coffee and cookies go so well together :-))

I asked Frank how we could send flowers to Didi. He looked up online how we could do it. So he got the address of the florist and programmed it into the GPS.

Almost 10 am and time to go. So off to the Alamo! In the traffic again... these Texans drive crazy!!

We parked about 3 blocks from the Alamo... far enough away that the parking cost $4. Meter parking is free on Sunday, but the truck couldn't fit into them.

There were lots of people there... elbow to elbow at times. Frank saw a picture of the Alamo in the gift shop that he liked and I told him that it would make a good souvenir and the cashier nearby wasn't busy. So a quick purchase.

We did walk around a bit more in the gift shop and looked at the knives and swords. David would have liked them.

It was hard looking at any of the displays... just so many people! We did manage to look at some of them. We only walked through the shrine building. The line was very long to look at the displays in there.

We attempted to take a few pictures of the outside with as few people as possible. Hopefully something will be good enough to say we were there.

We dropped by a Home Depot to look at something, then WalMart. WalMart was being remodeled so hard to find anything in there. We left and looked next door at Sam's Club. We were hoping to find another dvd player... they only had blue ray players at Sam's.

We bought gas for $2.89 a gallon... then we got something to eat. It was nearing 2 pm (CT). I HOP was near the service station so we went there. We had beef tips and it was good.... or we were starving ;-))

Somewhere in there we stopped by the florist shop and bought flowers to be delivered to Didi on Monday.

We came back home and I played on FB while Frank called his parents and someone else we had met in another campground.

Then I called Mama while Frank figured out where we were going to spend tomorrow night.... Columbus Texas it is.

Frank washed the dishes while I caught up on writing this blog. I have been terrible about updating it the past few days. I guess I was just having too good of a time :-))

Tonight... a lot earlier to bed :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment