We left Grand Gulf Military Park at 8:45 am (ET). We traveled US 61 to US 84/98. We stopped at Brook Haven Mississippi to stretch our legs. We were supposed to stay on US 98, but missed the turn off. We got on I-55 and made ourway our way back to US 98. It didn't matter much anyway :-))
We stopped in Columbia Mississpi at Subway for a sandwich.
We arrived at Escatawpa Hollow Campground at Wilmer AL at 3:30 pm (ET). We are in site #17 this time... I think last time it was #22. It was still humid but not as bad as at Grand Gulf Military Park. There are a lot of people in the campground and many are parked near our site. The people are by and in the river.
We got set up and called Frank's Aunt Zell. We went over and visited with her a while. We enjoyed our visit with her.
Gas was bought in Lucedale MS for $2.88 a gallon. When we got back to the campground all the swimmers and picnickers were gone. I think the mosquitoes ran them off.
We got our showers at the bath house. It sure was wet in there from the river swimmers taking showers. Frank found 28¢ in the shower and I found a dime :-))
More Jack Benny was watched and we went to bed.
We traveled 272 miles today.


No comments:
Post a Comment